Randall J. Levesque, Estate Planning & Elderlaw Attorney

ElderLaw Planning

ElderLaw planning is the perfect blend of estate planning and asset protection. Also, at times it is a unique collaboration of family members, health-care professionals, home-care providers, social workers, realtors, tax advisors and financial advisors working together to help meet your needs.

Provides Answers to the “What Ifs” in life?

How to plan for Long Term Care

Senior Community Based Living and Aging in Place

It’s too late for me, now what? Alzheimer’s or cancers

Planning for Married vs. Single people

What is Asset Protection Planning?

Missouri Qualified Spousal Trust

Inheritance Protection Planning

Supplemental Needs Trust Planning

Nursing Home Protection

How to qualify for Veterans Aid & Attendance Benefits?

1.   Requires 90 days of active duty service with 1 day during a Qualified Period of War

2.   Monthly income is equal to or less than the cost of your monthly un-reimbursed medical expenses

3.  Total net worth does not exceed $129,094 (exclusive of home & lot not to exceed 2 acres; subject to a 3 year look-back and a $2,266 penalty rate)

4.  Require assistance with two clearly defined Activities of Daily Living and Receives Assistance

VA Aid & Attendance When are the Qualified Period of War Dates:

World War 1 (April 6, 1917 – November 11, 1918)

World War 2 (December 7, 1941 – December 31, 1946)

Korean Conflict (June 27, 1950 – January 31, 1955)

Vietnam era (February 28, 1961 – May 7, 1975 for Veterans who served in the Republic of Vietnam during that period; otherwise August 5, 1964 – May 7, 1975)

Gulf War (August 2, 1990 – through a future date to be set by law or Presidential Proclamation) Note: Requires additional active duty days.

VA Aid & Attendance Tax Free Monthly Benefit Rates for 2020:

Married Veteran- $2,266

Single Veteran- $1,911

Surviving Spouse- $1,228

Veteran Married to a Veteran- $3,032

VA Aid & Attendance Required Forms:

There are many forms that are required in order to successfully expedite the handling of your application and become approved for VA benefits.  One such form is the DD214 or the equivalent. You must submit an original, a certified copy of an original, or a statement from the VA stating the Discharge was destroyed by fire at the National Records Center.  If you do not have your original, you can obtain a duplicate original by contacting the National Records Center online at https://vetrecs.archives.gov and submit your request online or request/download the SF-180 Form and return via facsimile or by post.